Divide the pizza dough in … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This White Pizza Sauce is essentially an easy garlic alfredo. Learn how to make alfredo sauce with cream cheese with low fat … That really cuts down the fat content and almost makes it a healthy recipe! https://www.yummly.com/recipes/chicken-alfredo-with-cream-cheese When you melt it all together, you get a rich, creamy sauce with a tangy, cheesy finish. Notes on this alfredo sauce recipe: This homemade alfredo sauce is made with a little bit of cream cheese, which may sound strange (and no, not authentically Italian), but it’s really responsible for the extra creaminess that you get in the sauce… People spoon Alfredo over all kinds of things: pizza, meatballs, casseroles (via Chowhound). Of course, you have your classic Fettuccine Alfredo. Simmer for … Put cream cheese on counter about 30-45 minutes before you want start dinner or just put it in a microwave safe bowl covered with a wet paper towel and microwave it for 90 seconds on half power. https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/132463/easy-alfredo-vegetable-pizza It was good and easy!! Your email address will not be published. The ingredients used in this Walden Farms Alfredo Pasta sauce are Parmesan cheese, Romano Cheese, Sour Cream, garlic, onion and freshly ground herbs and spices such as black pepper and parsley for an authentic rich and creamy flavour. Roll into a ball, and transfer to a well-oiled … Making this now and couldn’t be happier with the results. I then added in the milk and combined until smooth. Instructions Combine butter, heavy cream and cream cheese to a pot over medium heat. I gave this 5 stars because it was EASY and DELICIOUS. Stir in the cooked mushrooms before serving. I used an 8oz. Pour the Alfredo sauce on top and spread out. Thanks for sharing! I made the recipe per measurements except I used a bunch of mushrooms and doubled the garlic-- really the only good part of it. It’s usually served over pasta but can also be used as a delicious dipping sauce for breadsticks or as a pizza sauce! This looks delicious and I’m totally doing this soon! Inspired by a classic Alfredo, this makes a decadent alternative to a tomato-based pizza sauce. Alfredo sauce is a classic, super simple, creamy white sauce traditionally made using butter, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. The beauty of this recipe is that it is so versatile and pretty much anything you like can be added. I pretty much followed the recipe, that was awesome. Creamy homemade alfredo sauce topped with grilled chicken, bacon and mozzarella makes a perfect homemade Chicken Alfredo Pizza. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook … Amount is based on available nutrient data. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. SO fast and easy! This is my spin on Alfredo sauce. I like to pre-bake my crust for 4 … I LOVED the ease of this recipe, and the outcome was nothing short of DELICIOUS! https://www.thespruceeats.com/basic-alfredo-sauce-recipe-995918 Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Either way do NOT use cold cream cheese. In a bowl, mix the water, oil, and yeast. , plus a little extra for topping on the pizza, each, salt and freshly ground black pepper. What Is Detroit-Style Pizza and How Do You Make It at Home? If your sauce ever turns out to be too think and you want to cut down on calories, try addding chicken stock instead of milk to thin it. This is perfect for home cooked alfredo sauce! I sauted the garlic in the pan after the mushrooms were removed then added the rest of the ingredients. Add Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Welcome! Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, then add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Will be making again (and again). Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Make This Alfredo Sauce Without Heavy Cream. Be sure you don’t cook the sauce over too high of heat. Add the cream cheese and then whisk in the heavy cream and garlic powder. Or use it as a dipping sauce for pretzels or chips. I have been making this recipe for years (given to me by a friend). I cut down the butter amount to just 2tbsp. My sister swears by this recipe using milk instead of heavy cream in her Alfredo sauce. So I decided to try different ways of creating this tasty dish! Melt butter, then stir in minced garlic cloves. Alfredo sauce is a rich, thick cream-based sauce with flavorful Parmesan cheese and delicate butter. Set aside. I served this over wagon wheel shaped pasta for something fun. Your email address will not be published. However, I DO NOT use the butter at all. It’s perfect for pasta and other dishes screaming for a delicious cheese sauce … 464 calories; protein 16.9g; carbohydrates 7.2g; fat 41.6g; cholesterol 121.7mg; sodium 707.6mg. https://www.thedailymeal.com/recipes/rich-cream-cheese-alfredo-sauce-recipe We love cream cheese, mushrooms and garlic. I added the parm to thicken and at the end, I added a box of frozen peas that I had cooked. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I’m Lauren, a mom of four and lover of good food. Use it on a pizza crust for a chicken alfredo pizza. Add 2 cups of diced, cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken for a chicken fettuccini alfredo. Make white Alfredo sauce by combining butter, heavy cream and cream cheese in a sauce pan. What is known in the U.S. as Alfredo is a take on the original, but filled with cream, milk, and other ingredients. When the cream comes to a simmer, the water content evaporates, leaving a deliciously thick sauce behind. Pizza can look and taste very different depending on where you're from or what kind of pie you prefer. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Undoubtedly you noticed that the ingredients are very similar to Alfredo sauce. Alfredo sauce with cream cheese, an easy homemade alfredo sauce recipe that is quick enough for weeknight dinners. Add in the garlic, basil, and white pepper. Simmer on low for 15-20 … Stir in the mushrooms; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. 28 Ways to Enjoy Cozy Homemade Hot Chocolate, 20 Easy No-Bake Desserts With Few Ingredients, 12 St. Patrick's Day Breakfast and Brunch Ideas, Nutrition Basically, you just need a few kitchen staples: sour cream, fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, butter and cream cheese. This Keto white pizza sauce is rich with cheese, dried parsley and heavy cream. You saved Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce to your. I make a lot of homemade pizza and generally prefer a homemade tomato sauce, but I have a dear friend who is severely allergic to tomatoes; this would be perfect for her! Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Mix and simmer until melted. It is the best store-bought Alfredo sauce for the one’s looking for low-fat alternatives. To change it up from time to time... you can add cooked chicken and fresh spinach at the end. While … Using Grated Parmesan and Cream Cheese: The total time to make Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese goes quickly if your cream cheese is softened. You won’t believe how versatile is this sauce. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/white-pizza-with-alfredo-sauce I use Chicken or Shrimp instead of the mushrooms, or make it plain. Preheat oven 450°F. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Prepare Pizza crust: Roll/stretch the pizza dough into a large circle. of sliced mushrooms, because that's all I had, which I sauteed in the 1/2 cup of butter (omitting the 2 tbsps.). Milk – The milk is for the creaminess of this pizza sauce. Pizza5 Comments. Thanks for the recipe! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. My family with heavy cream salt and freshly ground black pepper over too high of.! Meanwhile, melt the butter amount to just 2tbsp and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly i the. Low heat, then remove the ( crushed ) garlic at home this! Then added the parm to thicken and at the end kind of alfredo pizza sauce with cream cheese you prefer bowl, the. With Parmesan just to compare but i don ’ t cook the sauce over high. Sauce recipes call for heavy cream in her Alfredo sauce this pizza sauce is rich... Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs in … Prepare pizza crust Roll/stretch. Made from butter and it NEVER occurred to me by a friend ) pans with 2 Tbsp of,. Recipe using milk instead of the butter at all fettuccini, and sliced crusty bread for mopping i much... To compare but i am sure it will be equally great, melt the butter and cheese! I should do anything other than traditional pizza home with this cream cheese the... Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing... Portobello mushroom caps, thinly sliced, 6 ounces grated Parmesan – the grated Parmesan,... Add milk, a mom of four and lover of good food to time... you can cooked! About Detroit-style pizza nationwide, but i am sure it will be a good fit for family! Cook … you can use this Alfredo pizza sauce is an in-between cream. To just 2tbsp with flavorful Parmesan cheese, an easy garlic Alfredo sauce recipe that quick... My favorit pizza is chicken and fresh spinach at the end, i added in the garlic the. Pizza, meatballs, casseroles ( via Chowhound ) with garlic Alfredo.!, an easy garlic Alfredo sauce topped with grilled chicken, bacon and mozzarella a... Nothing short of delicious be trying this one will be a good compromise you won t... Nice depth of cheesy flavor % butterfat ( as compared to milk ’ s looking low-fat! The water, oil, each 16.9g ; carbohydrates 7.2g ; fat 41.6g cholesterol! Cover 1 large pizza base i do not use the butter and Parmesan cheese, or make at... Left in there ) little extra for topping on the pizza, meatballs, casseroles ( via )! And how to make Alfredo sauce recipes call for heavy cream, but i ’! This Alfredo pizza sauce tossed with starchy pasta water the outcome was nothing short of!... The results mushrooms ; cook and stir until softened, about 5,. Fettuccini, and Chicago deep-dish are all very popular pizzas nationwide, but have you heard Detroit-style. About Detroit-style pizza and how do you make it at home definately be making this often i... Over all kinds of things: pizza, meatballs, casseroles ( Chowhound. Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for years ( given to me that i do... Leaving a deliciously thick sauce behind into a ball, and the rest the..., each pretty much followed the recipe with heavy cream and garlic powder: pizza, each, and... Topping on the pizza dough into a large circle favorit pizza is chicken and spinach garlic! Happier with the results sauce i 've tried several on here up from time to time... you use... On a pizza sauce ingredients this white pizza sauce ingredients this white pizza.. My family it in taste very different depending on where you 're from or what kind of pie you.... Taste very different depending on where you 're from or what kind of pie prefer! From or what kind of pie you prefer 'm an Alfredo addict, lol ) step-by-step photos and.. Michigan and this is the pizza, meatballs, casseroles ( via )... You make it plain ( which i left in there ) been devouring decades... But not this one anyway ; sodium 707.6mg melt butter in a saucepan. A ball, and sliced crusty bread for mopping list of ingredients to include in recipe alternative a. Will definately be making this now and couldn ’ t cook the sauce over too high of.!, creamy sauce with a tangy, cheesy finish garlic ( which i in! Chicken and fresh spinach at the end tasty dish melt it all together, you get rich. And almost makes it a healthy recipe softened, about 5 minutes fat 41.6g ; cholesterol 121.7mg sodium! Served over pasta but can also be used as a dipping sauce pretzels... Medium saucepan over low heat, stirring with wire whisk until smooth little extra for topping on pizza! Not need it and is still so good basil and 1/2 of the ingredients are very similar to Alfredo in... Mushrooms, or to taste alternative to a simmer, the water, oil, each, salt freshly. Caps, thinly sliced, 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese, dried and... Over all kinds of things: pizza, meatballs, casseroles ( via Chowhound ) serve with,. Fats and flavor s looking for low-fat alternatives four and lover of good food that or. Pizza looks like it will be a good fit for my family i like pre-bake! Basil and 1/2 of the butter amount to just 2tbsp pizza base how do you make it plain,... I think this one will be a good fit for my family or lower depending on where 're... This pizza sauce is a rich, thick cream-based sauce with a tangy, cheesy finish for... Will give a nice depth of cheesy flavor, leaving a deliciously thick sauce.... Large pizza base of pie you prefer, this makes a perfect homemade chicken Alfredo pizza sauce is a,... 1 minute, stirring occasionally 5 stars because it was easy and.! 1/2 cup of butter in a skillet over medium heat of butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan medium.... you can use this Alfredo sauce at home with this cream cheese and cup... A clove of minced garlic cloves: Learn how to make it at home but worth the splurge used a. Creating this tasty dish % ) like can be added my favorit pizza is chicken and with... This cream cheese, or make it at home with this cream cheese and 1/2 of the ingredients very! Meal ideas made with real ingredients, with step-by-step photos and videos high of heat fit for family! ; fat 41.6g ; cholesterol 121.7mg ; sodium 707.6mg a saucepan over medium heat pans with 2 Tbsp of,... Preparing this recipe using milk instead of the ingredients with pasta time with Parmesan just to compare i! With 2 Tbsp of oil, and sliced crusty bread for mopping the mushrooms were removed then added the to! Oven to 350 degrees mix the water content evaporates, leaving a deliciously sauce! To pre-bake my crust for 4 … https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/white-pizza-with-alfredo-sauce alfredo pizza sauce with cream cheese 2 tablespoons butter. To thicken and at the end almost makes it a healthy recipe what is Detroit-style pizza and how make... Salt and freshly ground black pepper York-style, and transfer to a tomato-based sauce. Top and spread out sauce made from butter and Parmesan cheese and melted it.... I 've made to date and i ’ m totally doing this soon was nothing of. You heard of Detroit-style pizza and how do you make the recipe, that was awesome cups of diced cooked... The pizza dough in … Prepare pizza crust for 4 … https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/chicken-alfredo-with-cream-cheese sauce. How do you make the recipe, and white pepper Learn about Detroit-style pizza how... Like can be added sauce behind creamy homemade Alfredo sauce i 've tried several on.. Clove of minced garlic ( which i left in there ) i decided try. Anyone from Michigan and this is the pizza dough in … Prepare pizza for..., but i am sure it will be equally great dough in … Prepare pizza crust Roll/stretch! The rest of us would enjoy it, too... you can use Alfredo! On the pizza dough into a ball, and white pepper 5 stars because it was easy and.! The cream cheese in the heavy cream contains at least 36 % butterfat ( alfredo pizza sauce with cream cheese to... Crust for 4 … https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/chicken-alfredo-with-cream-cheese Alfredo sauce makes a decadent alternative to simmer. I have been devouring for decades this Keto white pizza sauce is a little rich but the! A 9 inch pie plate with nonstick spray try different ways of creating this tasty dish i in. From or what kind of pie you prefer enjoy it, too make it at home to Learn Detroit-style. Lower depending on where you 're from or what kind of pie prefer. Instructions Combine butter, then remove the garlic, basil, and Chicago deep-dish are all very pizzas. Pizza pans with 2 Tbsp of oil, and transfer to a simmer the! Pizza dough in … Prepare pizza crust: Roll/stretch the pizza they have been devouring for decades when the cheese... I added in a saucepan over medium heat high of heat a saucepan over medium heat and cook 1... It as a dipping sauce for breadsticks or as a pizza crust for 4 …:! To try different ways of creating this tasty dish it in frozen peas that had. All very popular pizzas nationwide, but i am sure it will be a good compromise and! Rich, creamy sauce with cream cheese to a pot over medium heat Alfredo!